Untuk mendaftar sebagai kontraktor dengan CIDB anda boleh mendapatkan maklumat tersebut dengan melayari laman web kami di www.cidb.gov.my atau melalui buku panduan Keperluan dan Prosidur Pendaftaran Kontraktor pada harga RM5.00 dan Borang Permohonan Pendaftaran (R1) juga berharga RM5.00 yang boleh diperolehi dari mana mana pejabat CIDB..
Mereka yang terlibat dengan kerja pembinaan. Untuk itu maksud kerja pembinaan ialah `Pembinaan, penyambungan, pemasangan, pembaikan, penyenggaraan, pembaharuan, pemindahan, pengubahsuaian, pengubahan, perombakan atau perobohan ;-
- Any building, erection, edifice, structure, wall, fence or chimney, whether constructed wholly or partly above or below the ground level;
- Any road, harbor works, railway, cableway, canal or aerodrome;
- Any irrigation, drainage or river control works;
- Any electrical, mechanical, water, gas, petrochemical, or telecommunication work; or
- Any bridge, viaduct, dam, reservoir, earthworks, pipeline, sewer, aqueduct, culvert, drive, shaft, tunnel, or reclamation works.
And includes any works which form an integral part of, or are preparatory to or temporary for the works described in paragraphs (a) to (e), including site clearance, soil investigation and improvement, earth-moving, excavation, laying of foundation, site restoration and landscaping.
There is little registration requisite to be complying for register with CIDB such as stated below:-
1. Registered with Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM)
2. Experience :
- Experience of the firm/company or by using experience of technical personnel.
- All main contracts or nominated sub-contract executed.
- Sub-contract executed by the applicants supported by evidence.
3. Financial Capacity :
- Financial capacity of an applicant registered with the Registrar of Companies (ROC) shall be evaluated on the paid-up capital of the companies.
- For applicants registered with the Registrar of Business (ROB), whether sole proprietorship or partnership, financial capacity shall be evaluated in terms of net capital worth which shall be derived from either one or all of the following:
- Copies of current account bank statement for the latest 3 months.
- Copy of current balance from savings account(s).
- Copy of uncharged and valid fixed deposit statement(s).
- Bank certification pertaining to the overdraft facility(is), if any.
- ASB shares.
4. Personnel Resources :
- Fulltime personnel resources in Malaysia to undertake the work corresponding to the registration grade and category applied for. (With recognized qualifications & relevant EPF contribution statements)
Renewal Registration must be made within 60 days before expiry of the validity Period of registration by using R4/96 Pin. 1/99 Form. All application for registration must be attached by relevant supporting document (please refer checklist for supporting documents submitted are attached with R4/96 Pin. 1/99 Form).
If application received/made at CIDB less than 30 days before expiry of validity of registration, RM 200 fees will is charge together with renewal fees.
All CIDB Registration Forms are available at all CIDB offices with RM 5.00/form or by visiting our portal at www.cidb.gov.my. These forms also can be purchased by post with additional RM1.00/form for postal charges.
Forms are also available for download through Short Messaging Service (SMS) by typing CIDB (R1-R6) (applicants e-mail address) to 32728.
Example of registration renewal form request: CIDB R4 firstname.lastname@example.org to 32728
A copy of the statutory declaration or police report declaring lost of the original certificate with RM100.00 payment shall be submitted before re-issuance of a copy of the certificate as replacements for lost/damaged certificate.
All applicants can check their applications by visiting our portal at www.cidb.gov.my or using SMS-CIDB by entering application no. and send to 32728.
By typing: cidb status (application number) to 32728 or to check the dateline for registration by typing: cidb semak (application number) to 32728.
Example of verifying application status: cidb status w050920070515001
Example of verifying registration dateline: cidb semak 19990301-wp002340
1. General Conditions
- This certificate is non transferable.
- The Lembaga reserves the right to review the registration grade of the contractor from time to time.
2. Contractor's Responsibilities and Obligations.
- The contractor shall comply with the provisions of the Lembaga Pembangunan Industri Pembinaan Malaysia Act 1994 ("the act"), the regulations made there under and any term, condition or restriction imposed by the Lembaga from time to time.
- The contractor shall not participate any tender or execute any construction works after this Certificate has expired and unless it is renewed.
- The contractor shall not undertake any construction project which exceeds the value of construction works specified under the registration grade and shall not execute any construction works which is outside his registered category.
- The contractor shall submit information regarding any new construction works or contract (s) within thirty days of the award.
- The contractor shall submit any information required by the Lembaga from time to time.
- The contractor shall display the Certificate of Registration issued by the Lembaga or a certified true copy of the Certificate by the Lembaga at the place of business.
- The contractor shall display his registration number on the signboard at each construction site.
- The contractor shall apply for renewal of registration at any time within sixty days before the expiry date specified in this Certificate. Any application received by the Lembaga later than thirty (30) days before the expiry of the Certificate of Registration shall be imposed with a fee of RM 200.00 for late renewal.
3. Disciplinary Actions
The registration of the contractor shall be cancelled, suspended or revoked if :
- The contractor fails to comply with the requirement of any other written law.
- The contractor has been adjudicated a bankrupt.
- A winding-up petition in relation to the contractor has been presented.
- The contractor contravenes or fails to comply with any provision of the Act.
- The contractor has obtained the certificate by making or causing to be made any false or fraudulent declaration, certification or representation either in writing or otherwise.
- The contractor has abandoned any construction works undertaken without any good reason.
- The contractor is found negligent by the court or by any board of enquiry established under any written law in connection with any construction works undertaken or.
- The contractor contravenes any of the terms and conditions of the Contractor"s Responsibilities and Obligations as specified in paragraph 2.
By using CIDB R6 / 96 Form, application must attach with tender advertisement and all supporting documents needed. Special Permission is only for one grade above of their grade. For example contractor Grade G4 is allowed to participate in tender Grade G5 only but however those contractors must fulfill financial & personnel technical requirements for the grade applied.
A company or firm is required to obtain the approval before any work is executed. Before the approval is granted, the contractor must fulfill the project grade registration criteria. If Failure to do so will result in the rejection of the application. The applicant is required to submit the R6 form along with the supporting documents such as award letter, technical staff with full-time pay or mutual contract with degree/diploma, company"s EPF, agreed staff appointment letter, and a processing fee of RM 30.00.
All payment must be made under the name of Construction Industry Development Board (C.I.D.B.), and in the form of bank draft/ postal order/ banker's cheque, or cash for transaction at CIDB counters.